Oral presentation guidelines
Presentation length and time keeping
- Please check the program to confirm the time allocated and length of your presentation
- To ensure the program runs to time, please keep your presentation to your allocated time. Your session chair will notify you with 5 minutes, 2 minutes and 1 minute remaining. If there is time remaining at the end or your presentation the chair will direct the questions.
- Please go to your allocated room 15 minutes prior to the start time of the session to meet with the Session Chair (their name will be noted in the program) and familiarise yourself with the room and AV technicians and setup.
Presentation Format and slide ratio
- The presentation computers use PowerPoint with Windows operating system. If you created your presentation using another program, on a Mac or require a specific or uncommon program, we suggest you bring your laptop as a backup.
- Please bring your presentation files to the conference on a USB (embed any content such as audio or video – do not link to external files).
- The slide ratio for your presentation should be set to 16:9
- There are no facilities for photocopying at the venue. We suggest you bring a copy of your slides and any handouts with you (if desired)
Loading your presentation
- Please load your presentation files to the online folder by 4pm AEDT on Friday 21 February 2020. Please name your presentation DAY-TIME-INITIAL.SURNAME e.g. TUES-1145-J.Smith
- There will not be a speakers preparation room on site, so please ensure your presentation is uploaded prior to the conference.
- Please bring your presentation on a USB as a back-up.
During your session
- Please be seated in the front row so that you can move to the lectern quickly at the end of the previous presentation.
- There will be AV technicians roaming between the session rooms to trouble shoot any technical issues should they arise.
- The length of your presentation is noted in the program. During your presentation, please keep a strict eye on the time. There will not be question time at the end of your presentation. A Q&A session will be held at the end of each session.
- At the end of your presentation the chair will ring a bell for you to conclude immediately. At the conclusion of the session 15 minutes has been scheduled questions and discussion.
- We do not want to embarrass you however the session chairs have been instructed to end all presentations after the allocated time, even if you are not finished, in order to keep the program to time.