Thank you for chairing a session at the 2020 Home Dialysis Conference in Canberra
Whilst we don’t anticipate any changes please check the program again here prior to your session. You will also find the program details in the Delegate App and in the printed Pocket Program.
Below are some tips to assist you with the chairing process. Most importantly, please ensure you start and finish all presentations on time and keep to the order in the program.
Before the Session
- All abstracts and presenter biographies (where provided) are available on the HDC website and in the Delegate App. Short introductory biographies will also be provided to you in hard copy at registration.
- Please go to your session room 15 minutes prior to the start time to meet the presenters, to familiarise yourself with the room and to introduce yourself to the AV technician allocated to your room. There will be a dedicated technician assigned to each session room to trouble shoot technical issues should they arise.
- There will be a chair table set up in the room with time cards (5 minutes, 2 minutes, 1 minute), a bell for signalling the end of each presentation and a microphone.
- Presenters have been instructed to load their slides with the technician in the room they are presenting in prior to the session. If they have not done so please direct them to the AV technician in the room.
- Presenters will be asked to sit in the front row of the room so they can move to the lectern quickly at the end of the previous presentation.
- You will be advised of any housekeeping items or program updates by the registration staff or committee. Please announce these at the beginning of the session.
- There will be a Q&A microphone available for questions, if time allows.
During the Session
- Begin the session on time, announce any housekeeping and ask that all electronic devices are to be turned to silent.
- Please use your phone to keep to time (your phone is more accurate than having individual clocks).
- Introduce each presentation with the title, the presenter’s name and short intro bio. Full presenter biographies, where provided, are available to all delegates in the Delegate App.
- Ensure each session starts and finishes on time.
- At the end of each presentation be prepared to ask a question if no questions are forthcoming from the audience and time allows. Do not ask any questions if the presenter has used all their allocated time.
- At the conclusion of the session thank the presenters.
- As a thank you give each presenter a HDC Drink Bottle – except where the presenter has spoken earlier and will have already received one. Drink bottles will be available at (under) the chairing table in the room.